- What is an Access Point?
- What does an AP look like?
- The basic function of an AP in a WLAN
- Basic antenna types
In episode 6 of the Wi-Fi For Beginners podcast, we conclude module 2 of the series, taking a look at the basics of RF theory [Slides: Module 2: 22 – 28] .
In this episode we look at:
- The “light bulb” moment – comparing light & RF behaviour
- Free Space Path Loss (FSPL)
- 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands
- Bands and channels
- Un-licensed frequency bands
- WLAN Client band support
- The basic unit of frequency measurement: Hertz (Hz)
- The RF Spectrum
- RF Spectrum bands (HF, VHF, UHF, SHF etc.)
- Concepts: Coverage areas, Propagation & Modulation